Smart Security Ideas
- When the doorbell is pressed, “Who can it be now” plays through speakers, the security camera rotates to the front door, the TV or movie is paused, and if it’s night time, the outside patio light turns on from 20% to 75%.
- Watching TV when someone rings the doorbell? Have an image from the surveillance camera appear on any TV that happens to be on, pausing the TV show or movie for 15 seconds.
- Built-in alerts which will notify you if the front door is left open for longer than five minutes or if the front gate is ajar for longer than ten.
- Access security video feed remotely from your smart phone, from anywhere in the world.
- Receive a text when your security cameras detect motion.
- Program the lights (including in the master shower) to flash three times when an exterior door opens.
- If there’s a security breach, program every light in the house to illuminate to 100%. Simultaneously, the front door automatically locks, the motorized shades open and every TV displays views from all surveillance cameras.
- “Mockupancy” scenes – lighting that is automated to make the house appear occupied, when you’re away on a trip.
- Are you away, but want to give a guest access to your home? Create temporary access codes for your guests, which they can punch into your home’s smart locks, notifying you of their arrival.
- Create personalized entry codes for individual family members.
- Set a timer that closes the garage door automatically if it is left open for longer than 10 minutes. A motion sensor can be used to keep the door open when you’re working in the garage.
- Forget to lock your doors? – Program the doors to auto lock three minutes after the garage door closes when you leave for work.
Your home may be your castle, but it doesn't have to be an impregnable fortress in order to be secure. It just needs to be smart. With Control4 and our many companion products, your house can monitor itself and let you know - whether you’re home or away - if something is awry.
Safe Home, Safer Family
Smart door locks - with either push-button or touch-screen entry - are more than just a convenient way to get into your house without fiddling with keys. When used with a Control4 system, they can keep you informed about who is entering your home. Your dealer can program them to secure themselves automatically so you don’t leave a door unlocked without knowing it. They can also be programmed to alert you any time they are locked or unlocked, or to send you a message when specific entry codes (such as those used by grade-school children or service personnel) are entered.
Combine automated door locks with a Control4 Exterior Door Station to see and hear exactly who is at the door, no matter where you are in the house. If you choose, you can even unlock the door without leaving your couch or your desk, letting friends in while keeping strangers safely outside.